Monday, September 3, 2007

The Therapy Post

I'm fairly certain I have lost my mind. Over the weekend, I have probably spent 4 hours total shoe shopping for Fin. Bought one pair. At her orientation, the teachers recommended we not send the kids in sandals because the playground is covered in mulch and they spend more time picking mulch out of their shoes than playing. Perfectly logical for the non-deranged mind. However, for a mom who's daughter is starting school three short months (TODAY!) since they became a family, it was a mission. I can't be there when she wakes up disoriented and scared from her nap. I won't be there to see her artwork when she is proud. I won't be the one teaching her the names of things. But, I can, by God, make sure she has shoes on her feet. Cute shoes, too, for my baby! The offerings were ultimately mostly inadequate and she ended up picking her pink, sparkle shoes anyway, but at least I put forth the effort.

Em, my aunt, spent the weekend with us. We went to the zoo and to church. It was Fin's first time in our church and she did great. She was introduced to the congregation who gave her a round of applause. Fin likes Em because she will be silly with her. Here they are at the zoo. Em had something in her shoe, so Fin had to have something in her shoe, too.


We had a NASCAR ladies night with Em, Nancy, and Lorna. Fin and her Mama cheered Jimmie on to victory!

No comments: