Today we attended a Kite Festival held by the local FCC. We had been invited by Ava's mom, A, and it was a chance for their family and ours to finally meet in person. It was held at a location approximately 2 states away, but we made it... very late. On the way, Fin and I stopped at Target to pick up a kite. While there, I picked up an additional bathing suit for Fin because it was cute. The park was beachside and very nice. Fin didn't want to eat nor did she care about the kite. Fine. I couldn't get it to fly anyway. She wanted to play on the beach. I really hadn't planned for this and when Fin asked to go swimming, the answer was "no."
Fin settled into playing with Ava's generously loaned sand toys, A and I chatted, and Ava buried her daddy under mounds of sand. I watched as Fin went to the shore to fill a bucket with water. I watched as she met a little girl around her age. I watched as they held hands and jumped in the water. I watched as they fell over in the water and rolled over to get up. I watched as they overtook a big hole filled with water dug by some little boys. When it was time to go, she was soaking wet and all of her clothes and her shoes were filled with sand. Her pants cuffs were so full of sand, her pants were falling off. Her shoes and socks had probably a cup of sand per foot. So, I took her to the car and changed her into the only dry clothes I had... the new bathing suit. I never said I was smart.
Ava would chat with me, but it was all a ploy to get my camera. That look says, "I am studying your every move and I will pounce when you are stunned by my cuteness."
In other weekend news, we took a rain-shortened trip to the zoo on Sunday. Why all three of the decent pictures are in left profile, I don't know.
Waiting for the train:
After feeding goats, she would skip back to the food dispensers. The goats were practically skipping with excitment, too:
She fed her hotdog buns to some appreciative peacocks:

2 comments:
hrfcc.com OR
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HamptonRoadsFCC/?yguid=5025000
These are great pictures. Nothing like spring, huh?
Post a Comment