Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lunch With Auntie Em

My aunt rode in to town with a friend who had a doctor's appointment. Since she lives over three hours away, we don't get to see each other as often as we would like, so it was great timing the Fin and I both had off today. We met up with Em and her friend, Nita, for lunch and... how could we not with it right across the street... Coldstone. That was some gooooooood ice cream, even it is was 52 degrees outside.

Preparing to do some damage.


Nita, who was told "no dairy for three weeks" by her doctor, decided to go out with a bang... and a banana concoction the size of her head.


Fin and Em.


Yum!!!



A kind stranger offered to take this picture of us when she passed by and saw Fin trying to take a picture of me (her idea). We look happy, right? Fakers. This was the conversation immediately proceeding:

Me (holding camera): Smile, honey!
Fin (not smiling): Take the picture.
Me: I'm not going to take a picture of you looking angry. I have plenty of those.
Fin: TAKE THE PICTURE.
Me: Fine. click
Fin (now smiling): I take your picture.
Me (handing her the camera): Don't drop my camera, please.
Fin (using her new favorite word): Why?
Me: Because it will break.
Fin: Why?
Me: Because you are standing on stone.
Fin: What stone?
Me: Rock. You are standing on rock, also called stone, and the camera will break if you drop it.
Fin: Why?
Me: Because stone is harder than the camera.
Fin: Why?
Me: BECAUSE GOD TOLD MOSES THAT'S HOW IT WAS GOING TO BE!

Most of our unending "why" conversations end with me pulling out that line. I just know that one day after school, her teacher, who she calls "Mr. MyTeacher", is going to relay this conversation to me.

Mr. MyTeacher: Fin, if you have three apples and someone gives you another apple, how many apples will you have?
Fin: One.
Mr. MyTeacher: Why would you have only one apple if you started out with three and then got one more?
Fin: BECAUSE GOD TOLD MOSES THAT'S HOW IT WAS GOING TO BE!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

OMG! How funny....
Really...need depends!
I can hear you saying it!!
still need depends!!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of the two of you - and what a great line to end a question/conversation with. I gotta remember that one.

Anonymous said...

If my husband weren't agnostic, I'd love to use that line with my kids! :-)

Alyson and Ford said...

Fun pictures!
I love the conversation... I will think up a similar line just so I don't copy you! There are many like that in the Bible!

Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy!