Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Trails To You

zoo last day summer break 003

We spent our last day of summer break taking it easy, including a stop at the zoo. After we looked at the giraffes and fed the goats, Fin changed into her bathing suit to play in the water. I took this picture when I noticed the little wet footprints leading to and away from the bench where I was sitting. There were similar tracks all around the circle of benches left by children exploring the fountains then running back to tell of their adventures, have a scraped knee kissed, or to rest for a minute beneath a warm towel and a parent's arm.

Tomorrow, she is a kindergartner. Those footprints will keep getting wider apart with fewer trails leading back. I am excited to see what lies ahead in her life, but I'm already missing the times now past.

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Looks like fun! Can we join in?

Alyson