I don't know how she will adjust to school. She has been used to having adults and teens all to herself. When she has to share with 15 other kids, I'm not sure she will be happy about that. But, one good thing, Fin loves to learn new things. I think when she finds out that there is a place where people teach you the names of things and how things work, she will be thrilled.
This past weekend we had a visit from Ann Carter. All I can say is, "poor Carter". We made visits to the zoo and the botanical gardens in the bone-melting heat. Otherwise, I basically ran errands that have been piling up while Carter stayed in the car and kept Fin company. It was a huge help for me. Not only that, she took us out to lunch AND watched Fin while I took a nap! If she hadn't out-priced herself with that Masters degree, I'd hire her as a nanny!
Here are a few pics.
Playing with a new friend at my work picnic:

At the gardens with Ann Carter:
"Now let me get this straight. You want me to get off of the water-squirting frog and let another child take a turn? I don't believe I understand, or approve, this concept.":
Finally brave enough to feed the goats:

Walking the chairs at the zoo with Carter:

Fin and Mama in the prairie dog burrow:

1 comment:
hi! I found your blog from the RQ site, but I think I remember you and Fin from the playroom at the White Swan in June. I think Fin was the one who so wonderfully picked up after herself :) Hope school goes well for her!
Post a Comment