Saturday, August 18, 2007

Busy Days

Friday, Fin spent the day with Lorna at the beach. This is reluctantly her last as Lorna is headed back to school. Fin really enjoyed herself during her beach vacations and she has the tan to prove it!





Friday night, Nancy, Lorna, Fin and I went to see "Hairspray"... Fin's first movie! I wasn't sure how she would be, but she was great. I had seen it before and thought it would be a good one for her because it is very happy and colorful with lots of singing and dancing. She got a little restless at the end, but was fine sitting on my lap. Oh, and something funny happened on the way into the theater. We were running a little late so I dropped Nancy and Lorna at the theater and went to park. As Fin and I were walking to the theater, she spotted an orange Element like Nancy's in the parking lot with a man getting into it. She stopped dead and started pointing and saying, "Nanny! Nanny!" in the same tone as one would say, "Thief! Thief!" It took quite a bit of convincing to get her to go into the theater when she just knew a crime was being committed!

Saturday, we went to "Breakfast With the Animals" at the Norfolk zoo. It is a really nice event for members and Nancy had gotten us a fancy family membership that includes this event. You get to enter the zoo two hours earlier than it opens. They have breakfast for the people and you get to visit certain animals at certain times and watch them get their breakfast while keepers talk about the animal. They also have other activities for the kids. Fin is becoming very familiar with the zoo. City kids have HUGE backyards!

Fin doing her Flower impression (that's a shout-out to all of you Meerkat Manor fans!):


Not sure what this pose was. Either she wants to be a model or she wants a Captain Morgan contract:


Animals are fine, but animal crackers ROCK!


Fin has never been allowed anything from the gift shop, but this was a special day. She chose this giraffe which quickly became a beloved friend. She let him walk on the ground and fed him from her hand.


And now, for the "cutest critter" competition!

Exhibit #1- the Meerkats (from the looks of the Kenwood box, they just took delivery of some new stereo equipment... jammin' meerkats!)


Exhibit #2- the Fennec Foxes... awwwwwwwwww


Exhibit #3- Fin and friend


As I was typing this blog entry, I received a very exciting call from Nancy and Brandon who are doing their weekly volunteering at the zoo this morning. I can't say what the news is, but hope to soon! I'll just say the Fin's backyard just got a little more crowded.

No comments: