We are having a friend hangover. I am just sort of tired and slightly blue. Fin is having a more difficult time and asking for Gwen and Dana a lot. This morning on the way to school, she asked where they were and I told her they would be flying back to Texas. Fin thought we should head to Texas, too. I told her it was very far away and it was expensive to get there. Then she said, "We can use my giraffe bank money and my tooth fairy money." Oh, my. I told her that even though that was very generous, it wasn't enough. I heard her mutter, "I'll get more money." That, I told her, was not her responsibility. (I was worried she would go riffling through her teacher's purse or something.)
We are going to focus on doing some fun and distracting things here and write some notes to Gwen and Dana. It stinks when good times come to an end.
2 comments:
We miss you guys A LOT, too!!! I'm sorry Fin is so blue, and how very thoughtful of her to think about using giraffe and tooth fairy money to visit us in Texas. That is so sweet of her! Please give her a big hug from us and tell her we love her!
Aww, that's so sweet. BabyP recently had a visit from her "Gammy" (my MIL) and was just as heartbroken although she couldn't express it as well, nor pay for anything. Maybe you should try videophoning or some kind of similar wizardry!
Post a Comment