Saturday, January 12, 2008

Making Time for Fun

With the busy (and wonderful!) holiday season behind us, we are settling back into a schedule. New extra-curricular activities have added much fun and given Fin new worlds to conquer. We are also trying to get back into some fun stuff just the two of us. Friday brought a trip to see "The Pirates Who Do Nothing", which Fin enjoyed... I enjoyed my light nap. She loves the play land at the mall, and Friday was no exception. That is, until the mean mommy made her leave her coloring book on the sidelines. (You would think I had bludgeoned a baby seal in front of her!)





Today, Fin started a creative movement class through our local Parks and Rec. Mommies are not allowed to stick around, so I don't know what they do in class, but she enjoyed getting dressed up and having a chance to release some energy. She took a THREE HOUR nap, so they must have done something!


This pic is for Fin's Aunt Mandy. As young 20-somethings, we fulfilled a dream of watching Baryshnikov dance when he performed with his White Oak Dance Project. Breathtaking!


Finally, just a "hi!" and "welcome!" to those of you who check out this blog. It is really fun to hear from people who stop by. A special hello to Christy, mom of 3 rockin kids; Ethan, Owen, and Mia. She is a frequent visitor, and a kind commenter, to the Shark Bait blog. When Christy's adoption group received the referrals of their babies, Christy and her husband were not included. This heartbreaking turn of events sent waves of horror through the online adoption community... and cheers of joy when the clerical error was resolved and they were on their way to bring home their beautiful Mia. Isn't the web amazing? All of these little 1s and 0s bring not just information, but people and their stories into our lives. It makes the world delightfully tiny at times.

3 comments:

Debbie and Sam said...

Please, Please Please share. Which mall has the playland! We went up to Patrick Henry hoping for such one evening and were soooooooo disappointed!n I will be crazy if it is Military. Sam goes there like every weekend to the movies and leaves us at home just when we could use a playland!

Global Girl said...

I've been meaning to share this, and it seems like the ideal time!

I found your blog through RQ. Your post about "One Year On Earth" led me to Derek and Shanna, who led me to their friend, W, in China, who has arranged my volunteer work. I'm now China-bound in July! Neat, huh?

bufwilcord@aol.com

Christy said...

Your blog rocks and I totally get the whole online adoption community thing. That was where I got all my support during our skipped time. It was amazing to have support from all these wonderful people like you.

Chrisyt :)