I picked her up from school and we headed out for the matinee. I had already grabbed a snack for her. One problem, you can't eat a snack when you are asleep. Mid-snack. (Sorry for the lousy picture, but I took it blindly over my shoulder at 70mph, which was probably illegal in several ways.)
She was wearing her T-Rex shirt her aunt Stacy bought her and was so excited when we walked in and saw the stage.
The show is AMAZING. There are two sections, 20-30 minutes or so and a 20 minute intermission, perfect for small kids with small attention spans and small bladders. The dinosaurs look real. They move realistically and they are huge! I took some blurry pictures, but wanted to show you a few in case you were thinking about going. This was in a coliseum that seats about 13,000 people, and the brachiosaurus' head was up at the lights when upright. Really, if you have kids, whether or not they are dinosaur fans, this is a special show.
Fin had so much fun. Our tickets were on the FRONT ROW and she kept trying to pet the dinosaurs. (They smartly stayed just out of reach.) She also tried to feed them popcorn, but even the herbivores weren't into it.
Afterwards, Mommy was suckered into buying a blow-up T-Rex.
Of course, he had to come to dinner.
Now he is watching her take a bath.
Thank you, Nancy, for a great experience!

6 comments:
That Nancy knows how to pick a Chanamus gift for sure!
I have always loved the pictures of the positions that Fin falls asleep in. It looks like a fun event.
Wow, the pictures are amazing, even if not very good (I know you couldn't use your flash). I'm so glad Fin (and you) enjoyed this show. Love the picture of her walking away with her new T-Rex and him joining her for dinnr.
The dinner photo is priceless! What an absolutely fun time.
Wow! Very cool... glad you and Miss Fin had fun. Unlike her fish, I think dinosaur will be hanging around for awhile. :)
It looks like a very cool show. The picture with the human in the background gave a good perspective on how big the dinosaurs were. I bet Fin was thrilled.
Post a Comment