Friday, January 1, 2010

Twas the Week Before Christmas

Christmas has come and gone. Ours was filled with family and good food and generousity of gifts and time. I hope yours was as well.

The festivities began with a modest Christmas party in Fin's class. The kids ate treats, danced insanely to Christmas songs, and opened treat bags.

Making ice cream cone trees.


Goodie bags!


This was Fin's self-portrait on the wall. It's her on a trampoline.


The next day was a half day at school so Fin was able to join in our pot luck at work. It was pj day at school, thus the interesting outfit.



The Friday before Christmas we headed home. About halfway there, it started snowing and it was the most difficult driving I have ever done. It would have been tedious, but with Fin in the backseat it was frightening. But, we made it safely to my parents' house and enjoyed more snow than I have seen in over a decade and more than Fin has seen ever, as far as I know. The snow covered the ground for a week, giving us a white Christmas before higher temperatures and rain ate away at it. It was beautiful!










Indoor fun abounded, too. Fin's babies were all tucked in for a nap.


Fin herself only lasted about 10 minutes after finishing a big, Sunday dinner at my dad's aunt and uncle's house.


Fin and Em and I had messy fun making a gingerbread house that became the (somewhat mocked) Christmas dinner centerpiece.


I only had to tie her up with bungees a few times.


A cat asleep by the tree is always a signal that the Christmas season is in full swing.


Charley is certainly Fin's best friend. After being held down and mercilously tickled...


...they were friends again soon after.


Christmas Eve

Cookie social after church services.


Leaving Santa cookies and a note.


Nestled all snug in her bed in her new cheetah pjs.


Santa came! He brought dinosaurs and a baby cheetah and lots of stocking stuff.


Christmas Day





When I left on Sunday, Fin came out to tell me goodbye. This was hard to leave. But, she has had a great time with her grandparents and I see her again tomorrow!

3 comments:

dagurlzrmine said...

So much joy on her face playing in the snow. Love the snow angel!! I miss her too. Can't wait until Monday!!

Lorna said...

What a joy-filled Christmas. Fin looks like she was having the time of her life. Know you can't wait to see her tomorrow.

LO

Anonymous said...

Love the diva pictures of her in the snow and wearing cheetah pajamas. I especially loved the picture of her sprawled on the floor asleep. We miss her lots. Glad you guys had a lot of fun with your parents and Em.