Fin seemed to have a good time with her grandparents. She continues to be a grandpa's girl, but that's ok. I told her we have a long, family tradition of wrapping our grandpa's around our little fingers.
Saturday was a yucky weather day, so we spent the day inside with Christmas shows on the television and a pot of soup in the crock pot. Fin and Grandpa planned a wonderful birthday/tea party in honor of Maggie the Cat which mom and I were invited to attend.
Sunday, my parents took us out to breakfast then headed home. We had some Christmas activities to do. First, Fin was very insistent about shopping for Grandma, Grandpa, and Emmy. She brought her money along, some of which she said she found on my dresser. We went to Dollar Tree and she took FOREVER and ended up switching items several times, but she is now sure that what she picked will be perfect for each person.
Off to the mall to see Santa. As you can see from the previous post, the picture wasn't so great. But, at least she was brave enough to tell him what she wanted this year, even at a whisper. "A cheetah toy and a dinosaur toy." She forgot to tell him what the cats want, but I am pretty sure Santa knows our cats want food. Lots of food.
We were both pretty hungry, so we got pretzels and settled down. I was about finished when I looked up and saw where I had selected to have a snack with my six-year-old. (Really? I didn't even know these places were still around!)
We finished up at the mall with a carousel ride at her grandfather's insistence.
Our last stop of the day was to add a new family member. Meet, Rainbow Shark, a red tailed shark. (It's actually a little confusing because there actually are fish called "rainbow sharks".) He is a very cool fish and, surprisingly, does have some shark-like personality. He stalks then attacks his food and he swims with bursts of speed like a real, grown-up shark. I think I will have as much fun with him as she will. Welcome, Rainbow Shark!

No comments:
Post a Comment