Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh, C'mon

Well, Rainbow Shark, to whom you were introduced on Sunday, was dead when we got home. He was perky this morning. He was perky at 2:30 when we swung by the house to get some forgotten items. He was dead by 5:30. Fin even told him at 2:30 that we would be back soon and he shouldn't miss us. The fish was active and seemed perfectly healthy.

If I am going to be honest (if not rational), I am sort of pissed at the fish. Fin is bummed out. She has already drawn his death masks and taped them to the tank. Plus, she drew a "dead fish calendar" that she hung beneath our family calendar to mark off when one of our fish dies. Damn fish.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They used to have these neat little plastic fish that had a weight and a string attached. Just drop them in the tank and viola! Seldom died.......

dad

Love for Lilly Yin said...

We used to have the same problem...turns out the water wasn't right in the tank...then finally I just gave up...sorry. I did see the tank your Dad was speaking of today at Walgreens though.. : )

Anonymous said...

Third time is a charm.

May Rainbow 2 rest in piece with its predecessor!

Moment of silence, please.

Anonymous said...

oops.. I meant peace

Debbie and Sam said...

Maybe you should try a hermit crab or a bird. They can go for years!