Thursday, she went from just afternoon camp after school to full day camp. Since it was our first day of full camp, I didn't realize they did chapel on Thursdays. It seems that at chapel, they take up a collection to benefit the local animal shelter. That is the cause they help all summer. Fin was quick to inform me of my shortcomings when I picked her up. "Mommy! I need money for church! We need money to feed the kitties! They are HUNGRY!"
Friday was her last beach day of the summer with Lorna. She just loves these days. Fin and Lorna are two peas in a pod when it comes to the beach. They will both just sit out there all day long. I'm on the beach about 30 minutes before I start looking at my phone to see what time it is. Look at these beautiful shots Lorna got. I don't know how she gets her camera to get these rich colors, but they so vividly and accurately show the luminous golden brown Fin's skin turns in the summer.
Lorna also took one of my favorite pictures of Fin just shy of two years ago on a Lorna Beach Day just a couple of months after we came home. I had this picture blown up to 16x20 and it is in my living room.

Today we met Debbie and Elizabeth for play time. Elizabeth gets taller every time I see her... and the visits aren't THAT infrequent!
Fin was a bit lethargic at first. Nancy and I took Lorna out for dinner and a movie for her birthday Friday night and Fin stayed with Brandon and Mr. Pat, so she had a really long day to recover from. Elizabeth, however, was ready to roll.
Fin finally stopped being a stick in the mud and the girls got some play time in.
This was a game Elizabeth invented where they were "rescuing" each other, which involved taking turns pulling each other off of the toy and laughing the whole time.
Indulging the mommies with some paired shots.
Fin was feeling particularly "pose-y" today.
Getting Elizabeth to pose was harder because she has so much energy and never stops moving! My little point-and-shoot just couldn't keep up.
Most of my pictures of Elizabeth look like this.
After the playground, the girls hit Starbucks. I am not joking. They had been promised milk and those little elephant-like minds forget nothing. We gave them their money and they lined up with all of the java junkies to get their fix.
As we left, Fin decided to jump in the car and lock Elizabeth out. Did I mention it was Elizabeth's family's car? Notice Fin is cracking herself up and Elizabeth has this exasperated little tilt to her head. I see that tilt a lot when she looks at Fin.
So those were the highlights of our week. Tucked in between, Fin protected her "babies" in sleep as Maggie watched over her...
and she jazzed up Big Giraffe's attire.
All in all a good week! And how was your week?

4 comments:
what a fun week! I used to love getting slurpees when I was Fins age!
We had a wonderful time playing! I hope the girls stay friends forever! Elizabeth so enjoys Fin! I loved the two of them slapping their money up on the Starbucks counter. We are so in trouble when they get to be teens.
Loved reading your commentary and of course, the pictures were great. Can't wait to show them to Gwen. She'll think Fin's blue Slurpee tongue is way cool! Miss you and love you guys much!
I don't think I have ever had a slurpee (must not have been invented!). Blue tongue!!
She's so beautiful - wonderful pictures!
Alyzabeth's Mommy for Ten Months!
Post a Comment