1) No more earrings. When one of Fin's piercing earrings came out, she refused to have others put in. I tried everything. Nancy tried. Nothing worked. Fin had made up her mind. I think she was afraid it would hurt like the piercing and nothing I, or Grandma, or Nancy could say changed that. So, her earrings are going to be put away for now and we will see if she wants her ears pierced again one day. Well, except for the pair of puppy earrings I made her flush down the toilet in my last ditch attempt at guilt. Didn't work. She flushed and never looked back. I know when I've been defeated.
2) We are wrapping up swim lessons. The Y is just too expensive and far away to be a part of our everyday lives. She will be starting gymnastics in September, though. We are starting at one hour a week and, if she likes it, can go to two. I really liked the place. It is near my office and her class starts right after I get off work. They have a parent's observation area if you want to stay and watch, or you can leave and run errands. I see these girls on the Olympics flipping around and nearly landing on their heads and I kind of freak out. Then, I remember she is going to be bouncing around on the trampoline and maybe walking the balance beam, not triple twists twelve feet in the air. I hope she enjoys it, but not too much. There is only so much I can handle.
3) Our cats are awesome! They really are a lot of entertainment. Fin is crazy about them and kisses their heads so much, I don't know how they have have hair left on the tops. Charlie (now fully named "Emily Charlotte") has accepted Maggie ("Margaret Malone"). She is such a good-natured cat, I can't imagine anyone turning her in the pound. Their loss, our gain. She is currently peeking out from behind my monitor watching me write this.
Maggie is a handful, but she is so much fun. She is a little love. She is also wild and pulled out the stitches from her spay surgery last Wednesday. Today, she had to have that corrected and resutured... to the tune of $234. She will find a way to pay me back for that.
4) After a not-so-great day, I came home to find that my application for Fin to go out-of-district next year (and, thus, back to the same school she attended), was granted. Not only that, she is allowed to stay at that school for all of elementary school if we choose! I am thrilled that she gets to go back to that school that she knows and loves. I am thrilled that we never have to worry about it again. I can't wait for her to see her old friends on the playground!
So, that's it with us. What's up with you? You know you can leave comments, right?

1 comment:
why do you torture maggie so?!
:) I have a picture somewhere on my blog of my dog Trax in his cone but it's much less humane than what Maggie's in.
I think earrings are overrated. I'm with Fin on the whole no-earring movement.
oh. I got bored and decided to have a contest on my blog! Check it out...
This adoption seriously needs to speed up or I need to adopt a few more animals...
Post a Comment