Monday, December 31, 2007

The Year of the Giraffe

Happy New Year, everyone! Fin and I had a lovely Christmas at my parent's home. We are both fighting colds, but not anything that slowed us down. We received many thoughtful gifts and got to visit many of our friends. As a huge treat, my sister and nephews made a surprise trip from Texas to be with us. Her husband could not come because of work, so we truly appreciate the sacrifice he made and hope he will be able to come next year with them.

I have been dreaming of this Christmas. In 2005, we all thought that surely it would be the last Christmas without my child. She even had a place set at the table and loads of presents. 2006 was a sorrowful Christmas. We even changed the venue so as not to sit in the family living room with such an obvious emptiness. Having Fin home to join us was a dream fulfilled and having Stacy, Sean, and Travis in to share it made it a Christmas for the books!

There are so many stories and tales, but pictures generally say it best.

Making cookies for Santa.


Watching t.v. with Rusty Cat... after tucking him in.


My mom had no idea about my sister and nephews coming. It was a complete surprise!


Putting out reindeer food with Sean.


When I told Fin to tell everyone goodnight on Christmas Eve, she decided to sit in this chair in the living room and hold court. Good grief.


She must have been good at some point. This was the sight awaiting her on Christmas morning.


Getting giraffe riding lessons from Stacy and Sean.


Playing with her slot cars with Travis.


Blowing bubbles with Gwen. Texas also relinquished Gwen and her parents, my dear friends Dana and Matt, so that they could be home in VA, too.


Showing off bath "dresses" in the tub.


As if Gwen was not enough, we continued the beautiful baby parade at a friends brunch on Sunday. Baby Beth, Miss Natalie, and a bunch of adults topped off the Christmas celebrations.



I can't wait for next year! Is it Christmas yet?

2 comments:

Debbie and Sam said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! What a blessing to share it with our girls in 2007!!!

Christy said...

How fun!! THat is the biggest giraff I have ever seen-- holy cow. I think you labled the year correctly-- really the year of the Giraff!! Very cute pics and I am sorry about your cat. My friends had to put down their cat today also and it was heartwrenching. I am sorry for your loss.

Chrisyt :)