Monday, November 26, 2007

You Know What I'm Thankful For?

Fin had her first school presentation... which she refused to participate in and instead glared at the little girl next to her. I found out later the child had dared to touch the little self-declared dictator thus setting off her funk. Then we "motored" (that's Gazette phrasing) to my parent's house for the long, Thanksgiving weekend. Em joined us and it was a nice, relaxing weekend. Fin had her first Thanksgiving dinner with our friends K & R and their family. So much food! She saw Santa for the first time and in typical kid fashion asked him for something completely out of left field that Santa's little helper didn't anticipate and now must brave the mall again to obtain. She saw her first flotilla and ate oysters and played on the beach in November and rode her big girl bike. She had quite the time. Mommy also got to do some things that were new (Jokers and Pegs... what an addictive game!) and some things that were almost forgotten (sleeping in). A good time was had by all.

Hey, you, get off of my cloud!





She's cute when she's not evil.


Grandpa let's me play in the water in November.


It was fun, even if I ended up wet and shivering.


At Thanksgiving dinner with Em.


Grandpa and Fin pushing Rusty in his stroller. Rusty is a cat. I repeat, Rusty is a cat.


See. (My parents never claimed to be mentally stable.)


Mommy gives great thanks.


Grandpa's little monkey.


Staying warm at the flotilla.


Hobos.


Cold, but still smiling.


SANTA!


Awwwwwww. Let's see that close up.


Riding bike in the garage with Grandpa.



Coloring with Emmy, Giraffe is supervising.


Stroller vs. Bike vs. Cat in Carriage: Race to the Death!!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I just laugh everytime I read your blog. Fin is such a character and makes me laugh. From the school pic that will deter theves to the evil glare-- I just roll in laughter everytime I see her little personality. I even read all this to my hubby and show him the pics and we both get a good laugh. She is just so cute and so FIN! She is quite her own person and I love that about her. Love the pic of mommy and Fin-- it is nice to see who takes all these pictures every once in a while. I also love the questionable mental state stroller pics of your mom and dad's cat-- totally funny. Thanks for once again giving me a laugh before bed!

Christy :)

Anonymous said...

Fin is so precious and has such a strong personality. I love it! I have enjoyed reading your blog!

Ellen said...

Thankfully Fin was not around for the first Tgiving (or it may have never happened)! What DID that wretched little girl do to my sweet Fin???
BTW, thankfully our ever so astute SW didn't interview your parents!!! Stroller for a cat? Whatever will they think of next?