Sunday, November 8, 2009

Silence is Her Sworn Enemy

Today we ran a few errands and stopped by Boston Market for lunch (kids eat free Saturday and Sunday!). Fin, as usual, never stopped talking. Oh. My. Gosh. This child goes on and on and on until my ears are bleeding. She saw their big oven of rotisserie chickens and started talking about taking chickens to Africa to feed the cheetahs. She had probably been talking for 3-4 minutes before I took out the camera and set it on the table.



Lately, it isn't just how much she talks, but what comes out is more unexpected. On Friday, we were unpacking the groceries and she opened the bag with our baked chicken in it. She inhaled deeply and said, "Oh, yeah. That's my baby!" Today we were playing with Playdoh and she wanted me to make a dragon. I said I couldn't make a dragon so she picked up a ball of dough and said, "Watch and learn."

She's six.

I am so out of my league.

7 comments:

dagurlzrmine said...

She never ceases to amaze me. The wheels never stop turning in that little head!

Debbie and Sam said...

I love the planned trip to Africa after Santa comes. At least she has her priorities set. I love her!!!

XiaoXiao said...

I feel your pain (or rather, joy).

My DD watched and said, "Wow. She talks a LOT. (pause) Like me!"

:-)

KathyP said...

Too funny. :-) BTW, I saw an advertisement for some lunch bags at Subway, one of which features a cheetah. I thought you should know about it.

Yoli said...

She is too much!

Abby's Mom said...

LOVE it! :)

Karin said...

She's so fun!
I am on FB, by the way. If you'r interested as I post pics there, You can find me as a friend of the Daisy girls from RQ. I haven't been there in so long, I can't remember their code names :)