Saturday, November 21, 2009

Popping In To Say "Hi!"



So, what's been happening? The biggest thing was the Nor'easter that moved in on Veteran's Day. It pummeled the area for three days and there was flooding left in places that Hurricane Isabel didn't even reach. One of those places was the lower level at my office. A large social hall, kitchen, and storage areas were flooded. It was a mess. The schools were closed, so Fin was with me, and she was thrilled to find we had installed a pool.

We are now getting ready for Thanksgiving. We leave Wednesday to spend time with family. (And by "spend time with family" I mean "shove her in the general direction of her grandparents and take a nap.") I can't wait. She can't wait, either, and is planning a belated birthday party for her grandpa whose birthday was yesterday. She is in the kitchen painting something now.

The picture above was from Fin photo-bombing a picture I tried to take of my friend Marie in her graduation gear. Her graduation is just one exciting thing December brings. We are also going to enjoy visits from Grandma and Grandpa, NASCAR Championship Week (I hope), a visit from the P family, seeing our Richmond friends and the Higgins family, and being home for a week at Christmas. It should be a busy, fun month!

3 comments:

Yoli said...

Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

KathyP said...

What are we, chopped liver? :-)

FinsUp said...

You are in there, Mrs. P. Last paragraph. :P