Fin has what it takes to be successful at gymnastics. By successful, I don't mean a competitive gymnast, I mean competent and able to take away the lessons of hard work and personal achievment. She is physically strong, doesn't mind getting hurt, and is brave. However, she is also unfocused and a jokester. She would prefer to find ways to sneak up and tickle the coaches than listen to what they are saying. It is sometimes very frustrating because if she just listened, she would be able to learn little changes in techinique that would advance her on to other things.
Today was a particularly scattered day for her. The last time she was at the gym was Saturday night for Parent's Night Out, otherwise known as four hours of play time. It was also the last day of school and she was generally hyper from that. Then, at the end of the class, the coach decided to try the girls on running cartwheels. Fin can't do a regular cartwheel most of the time, but this really suited her. Flinging herself at an obstacle without being asked to think about it... right up her alley. The results weren't too shabby!
I know there are other 5-year-olds with nine months of lessons that are further along, but this was big progress for Fin and I am super proud of her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
And I am proud of her too - I know where she started and this was fantastic progress!! Yea little girl - you're fantastic!!
That is a great cartwheel! I understand completely. We say alot of "If she would just...(fill in the blank)" around here.
oh. my! that leotard is THE BOMB! love, love, love it...GO FIN!
Post a Comment