It was a great day for both of us. I got some work done, talked with non-weeping adults, and had some Hardee's sweet tea. Fin got to go to school and go on her class's bowling trip. Her teacher said she had a blast. It also sucked the last bit of energy out of her. By the time I picked her up, she had a hair-trigger. What set it off? I insisted she wash her dirty hands. Tears, running nose, and general structural collapse ensued. That's when I made my real mistake.
We needed some groceries so I asked her if she could hold it together for that and she said, "Y-y-y-y-e-e-e-s-s-s-s-s." in sobbing, jerking breaths, while still crying. She fell asleep on the way to the grocery store which is .67 miles away. (I just Mapquested it.) It worked out great. I laid her in the basket and piled groceries around her. No crying. She got some needed sleep. The problem is the diet gurus tell you never to go shopping while hungry. They don't tell you not to go shopping after listening to a child cry for an hour. So, if something looked good, then I deserved it... particularly if it was something I shouldn't be eating.
Today I deserved:
- California sourdough
- bacon
- tortilla chips
- a cheese danish
- a bottle of cheap Reisling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I deserved Moose Tracks ice cream and a dinner at my favorite Mexican place tonight!
I think this is completely logical! I just started using my pregnancy to my benefit and buying whatever I choose~strawberry shortcake, a bag of munchies chips... I really wish I'd started this on month one but I do have 15 more weeks so I'm gonna live it up!
You made me laugh!! Which doesn't often happen reading my internew/web news!!
So cute... and I can't wait to use that... I deserved it!!
Pizza (and soon!!)
Alyzabeth's Mommy
Your blog always makes me smile and laugh. Thanks and Fin is just too cute.
Post a Comment