Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW!!!!!!!! SNOW!!!!!!!!!! SNOW!!!!!!!!!

Snow is a rare and wonderful thing here in coastal Virginia. Yesterday, there were many predictions about the amount of snow we were getting today plus dire predictions of ice on the roadways and even dangerous snow drifts caused by high winds. So, I woke up this morning and turned on the tv to see that very exciting sight... the crawling closure bar at the bottom of the screen! Schools closed all over, courts closed, universities closed, even chicken processing plants were closed! I eagerly pulled back the curtains and saw... nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Well, the weatherman, who is looking a little nervous at this point, tells us that it's coming. Should start at about 9:00am. Stay home if you can, no need to risk it. I pull on my jeans and take Fin to work with me. We won't be there long, after all. We'll be headed home by noon.

This picture was taken at about 3:00pm.


This was taken while I was saying, "C'mon, Fin! Play in the snow so Mommy can take a picture!"


She was not amused.

6 comments:

Debbie and Sam said...

What a ridiculous day. I worked at home for fear of another 5 hour commute in the snow. I kept calling over to my office to see if anything was happening. Kinda silly for the schools to close before the first flake fell. Never woulda happened where I come from!

dagurlzrmine said...

And I'm in Florida and missed all the fun! It ALWAYS snows when I'm in Florida :)

bbmomof2boys said...

hahaha!! You guys didn't get any and we got 3 1/2" here in NC!!! Sorry Fin - Tiana enjoyed it though!

Hugs,
Carla

Anonymous said...

Poor Fin -- mocked by her mom on her very first snow day. Hey, at least she got the day off from school!

China Dreams said...

What a meanie you are! (LOL)

Anonymous said...

And this is why I love VA and don't want to live anywhere else. Who else gets snow days when they can actually go outside and enjoy them without all that wet, cold stuff around?