Friday, June 27, 2008

Never Say Never

Pre-Mom Leslie: "I won't use food as a reward."

Post-Fin-Fillings Leslie: "Do you want chocolate ice cream for lunch?"



Liquid sedative before and twenty minutes of nitrous and it still took two dental assistants and me to hold her down. She ended up in restraints. First fillings down, I hope there are no more for a long time.

6 comments:

Ms. Tricia said...

Oh Leslie & Fin, I am so, so sorry. You both deserve chocolate ice cream for lunch and banana splits for dinner if you want. Hugs to both of you. What a horrible thing.

Daisydoodle

Debbie and Sam said...

Oh Yikes!! I am taking Elizabeth to the doctor today to get a sedative for her dental work.

I agree, have ice cream for dinner if you want. Life is short!
Deb

Trish said...

I used to work as a dental assistant at a Pediadontists office while in college. It was always tough with the kiddos that were scared. I cried a couple times after having to help restrain some of the kids -- I can't imagine what it was like for the parents. My kids go to the dentist in a few week I'm praying for no cavities.

Karin said...

Poor Fin, Poor Mom!

I bit the dentist when I was her age. And heard about it at every dentist appt. till I was 20!

FinsUp said...

She tried, Karin, and got one of those reverse clamp thingies stuck in her mouth for her effort!

Anonymous said...

Poor Fin. I hope the ice cream helped.