Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How the Other Half Lives

I'm spoiled. This is nothing new. I am just particularly spoiled at the moment. Fin and I spent a long weekend with my parents and the following things happened:
- Mom played with Fin
- Dad played with Fin
- My aunt Em played with Fin
- My dad's aunt and her family played with Fin
- My parents cooked
- My dad took me to Starbucks
- My dad washed and waxed my car
- My parents filled my gas tank
- I watched a rated R movie ("There Will Be Blood"... amazing!)
- I read an entire book ("The Life of Pi"... incredible!)
- I had two hours with no one else in the house
- I shaved my legs
- I slept late
- I took naps
- I didn't want to leave

This must be what it's like to be Oprah.

Some pictures for your pleasure:



4 comments:

Ellen said...

It is about time you shaved your legs! How long had it been? days? weeks? months?

FinsUp said...

Well, the shaving didn't take so long... it was the unbraiding I had to do first that was really time consuming.

Christy said...

WOW UNBRAIDING- HAHA!!! ISNT IT STRANGE THE THINGS THAT WE GET TO DO WHEN THE KIDS ARE GONE-- OR AT LEAST TAKEN CARE OF. MY SISTER ALWAYS COMPLAINS HOW BUSY SHE IS AND SHE IS SINGLE AND I JUST LAUGH. WAIT TILL YOU HAVE KIDS- THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND BUSY!! FIN IS ADORABLE AS ALWAYS!!

CHRISTY :)

Karin said...

It's good to know that the spoiling doesn't stop when the kids come! I love when the in laws visit~ my car gets washed and waxed (I'm not sure we've washed them since they visited in Nov 2006!), the gutters get cleaned, and my house gets DUSTED!! (gasp!)
It sounds like you had a great time. And that fin is such a fun, happy kid!

Karin